Thursday, April 3, 2014

Caring for her Parents is an Inspiration for Lorraine Bracco to lose 35 pounds


Lorraine Bracco needed a very personal reason for wanting to lose weight.

Like many people, the former " Sopranos " star , 59 , started for the care of their elderly parents. Seeing her health was failing changed her perspective of being fit . After his death three years ago, Bracco said he knew she had to make a change.

"We were sitting there , dividing these drugs , who gets what, when . Was crazy . Looked and I realized , 'I do not want to go that way ,'" he said. " I said, 'I want to be the best i could be. ' Want to live every day as best I can be . "

So , Bracco, who at the time weighed 183 pounds ( " The last person on the list was to take care of me. I let go ," he admitted ) , sought the help of a friend life coach, who helped put together a weight loss plan .

Now the " Rizzoli & Isles " actress is putting these tips into a new book, "maximum " , which will be published by Rodale Books in 2015.

" The book will have recipes, a liver cleanse and ways to handle [ your weight ] ," he said . "It's a mind-body thing - . Spirit "

For the actress , it is important to eat a balanced diet devoid of sugar and dairy products . Also replaces most of the grains quinoa and watch your portions. To satisfy her sweet tooth , Bracco occasionally indulges in fruits, gluten-free cookies and friendly bars.

" I was a big eater of Twizzler . Licorice I love , " she said. "The other day I said, ' I have not had this in three years, and I had half a piece ended up spitting it out because I have no taste for it and it was so sweet , it was almost like poison to me . . . "

Lorraine Bracco Weight At The End of the ' Soprano '

As for exercise , Bracco is based on Pilates to keep in shape . Have a class of people who are working with her helped her stay motivated.

"I started very slow. My feeling is , you sign up for the gym and go to two classes and then you can not walk. That is not the way to do it," she said. " Now , I go to Pilates class three times a week. I love that there are women who are in their 80 years in my class and there are 23 children . "

Bracco is pleased with what she sees in the mirror and most importantly , she has more energy to play with her grandson.

" I'm still a vibrant human being , chipping in and I'm not dead yet ," she said . "I tease because I woke up and everything hurt before I got out of bed . Jumping out of  bed now ! I'm doing something right. "
Enhanced by Zemanta
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...